- Product detail
DESCRIPTION: OTTO Matting Agent to be used in most 2K topcoats and 2K clearcoats qualities. Composition based on acrylic copolymer.
PROPERTIES: OTTO Matting Agent allows easy preparation of flat 2K topcoat colours and 2K clears in different ratios, depending on the required gloss level. - Can be used in: Metalic, Solid Topcoats & Clearcoats.
Mixing rules for 2K topcoats
Replace OTTO Matting Agent in ratio of 100 %.
- For tinter colours a weight ratio of 0/150 (Binder/OTTO-554) is required.
- For colours that only contain 200g Tint/L or less (see Otto Fomulas), the weight ratio 20/80 (Binder/OTTO-554) is required.
Mix binder OTTO Matting Agent in ratio of 50/50.
- All other weight ratios with less than 100 % OTTO-554 are allowed to obtain semi-gloss colours.
Mixing rules for 2K clears
- OTTO-3750, OTTO-696 and OTTO-2000: mix clear with OTTO-554 in weight ratio of 30/70 (Clear/OTTO-554).
- OTTO-7600, OTTO-120, OTTO-51, and OTTO-4110: mix clear with OTTO-554 in weight ratio of 40/60 (Clear/OTTO-554).
Mix clear with OTTO-554 in weight ratio of 70/30.
- All other weight ratios with less than 70 % OTTO-554 are allowed to obtain semi-gloss clears.
AFTER adding OTTO-554 activate and thin in the normal way Matting Agent should be stirred thoroughly before use. The reduction in gloss varies between different colours, substrates, application/drying conditions and film thicknesses. It is advisable to spray a test panel before use and adjust the level of Matting Agent if necessary.
Color : FrostWhite
Flash Point : 25°C
Drying Time : Force Dry at 60°C – 30 minutes
at 20°C – 8 hours
Spraying Viscosity : DIN cup 4 at 20°C 17 to 18 seconds
at 30°C 15 – 16 seconds
Pot life : 6 hours at 20°C
Application Viscosity : 17 – 18 seconds DIN Cup 4 @ 30C
Spraying Equipment :
Suction Spray Gun
3.5 – 5 bar (50-75psi)
Gravity Spray Gun
3.5-5 bar (50 -75 psi)
Spraying technique: Spray 1 single coat (not too wet), flash off 5 to 10 minutes
Then spray 1 single wet coat.
Surfaces have to be prepared according to the recommendations in the TDS of the selected quality.
EQUIPMENT CLEANING Use a correct solventborne gunwash.
RECOATABILITY At any time after tape-free time. After 24 hr, scuff sanding is required.
- A lot of flat OEM colours can be retrieved from the Otto Fomulas. Any other matt colour can be obtained by replacing binder or clear with OTTO-554 in the way described above.
- No need to additive to achieve flexibility, OTTO-554 is giving enough flexibility for semi-flexible plastic parts. Full flexible matt finishes can not be obtained with this technology.
- It is not possible to give mixing ratios in connection to exact matting value, because the end result will vary, depending upon the influence of colour, activator, application and drying method. Darker colours (e.g. black) always need less OTTO-554 to end up at a specific matting value than light colours (e.g. white).
- Level of matt is depending on application. A wet coat gives higher gloss than a light coat.
- Total replacement of binder by OTTO-554 in a black colour (200 g or less Tint/L) can result in poor application properties.
- Material has to be at room temperature (18-25°C) before use.
- comment(s) (0)
- Bình luận facebook